Last night I was craving something for dessert that was warm since we've been having so much snow lately. I remembered a recipe for cobbler that I had seen in a magazine this month and looked it up. Unfortunately it required apples, of which I had none. Also, it required about an hour of cooking time and I wanted something faster, like FIVE minutes. So here's what I did instead:
Mixed quick oats, smashed ginger snaps, margarine and a little coconut until it was fine crumbs. In a pot I mixed a can of peaches, dried blueberries, some brown sugar and cornstarch and heated it until it boiled and thickened. At the same time I heated the oats mixture in a skillet, stirring constantly. I then spooned the peaches mixture into bowls and topped it with the oats mixture. Voila! Peach cobbler in five minutes! The only bad things in it were the ginger snaps and brown sugar and I didn't use much of either so really, I wasn't too guilt-ridden about finishing my share. It was rather good too and so quick that I'll definitely make this again.