Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why Walmart isn't in Exile

After having experienced the frustration of Sunday (see below), I was adamant that I would not go willingly into a Walmart again. Fastforward to Monday. We had just left the doctor's office where my little girl insisted she did not need to use the restroom. Of course, when we arrived at Verizon where I was to merely pick up a phonebook, she urgently needed to pee. Much to my dismay, the only restroom in proximity was, of course, Walmart next door. We rushed in and in a moment of insanity, I decided to try for my box of paper again. This being a different, more rational Walmart, I was out of there with paper in hand in under 2 minutes. What was so different at this Walmart from the one across town the day before? Only the Walmart powers-that-be can know. For now, rather than being exiled from my shopping routine they are merely on probation. After all, who knows when I'm going to need a pacifier, tube of lipstick, dishtowels and 10W40 oil all in one stop again.