Last night we made an AWESOME fish dish that, even for those who don't like fish, is sure to be a hit. It tastes amazing, looks fancy, but is easy to make. As you may remember, we went to Mexico recently and came back with a sizeable amount of Dorado...also known as Mahi Mahi, so we had some last night and this is how we made it (I figure you could use the recipe on almost any fish though):
Combine crushed macademia nuts with a little flour, some bread crumbs and butter so that it's a dry, crumbly mix. Lay out the fish on a foiled, oiled pan and cook it at 425 for 5 minutes. Brush the fish with coconut milk then top with the nut mixture and cook again for about 10 more minutes until the topping is golden brown. Allow the fish to sit for about 10 minutes so that the topping sets up nicely and enjoy.
The topping on this was so good I almost could have eaten it without the fish at all but then I'm sure my system would have hated me today. We served it with peas & carrots that, since they're kind of sweet, paired nicely with the topping. Both our kids cleaned their plates and the littlest one ate TWO extra helpings, which, since it's fish, I was just fine with. If you like fish AT ALL I wholeheartedly recommend this recipe that I got from my good friend Alton Brown.