Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Be Careful What You Wish For
The other day I was thinking to myself 'this toy room is a pig sty, I can't wait for the kids to be old enough to clean it themselves'. I wished at the time that the room was clean so that I wouldn't have to deal with it. So you can imagine how surprised I was to find it neat and tidy the following morning after the kids had been playing and I was doing the dishes in the kitchen nearby. I was very happy with them and about to praise them for their job well done when it hit me....something was missing. In fact, a LOT was missing....
They had taken the majority of their toys from the floor of the toy room and put them on the landing in the middle of our upstairs staircase. You see, the staircase has many stairs and they resemble seats to a toddler...much like a bus has many seats. So the kids were "taking the bus" and needed to bring everything with them on their trip. I was speechless. The stairs were impassable without cleaning up the mess as it was somewhere in the vacinity of 3 feet high of toys. If only I could get them the direct this energy toward something productive - I could be a millionaire.