Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's All Greek To Me

Back in early March (I know, it's been a long time since I posted), we went to a Greek festival in Palm Springs. They had all sorts of neat crafts and exhibits to look at. It brought back some great memories of our trip to Greece when we were first married. We had two favorite features of the day in Palm Springs though. The first was the amazing food. We had flame broiled cheese with pita bread, some gyros, domatas, Greek salad, Greek skewers, a few Greek pastries and BAKLAVA! The other favorite part was getting to see the Greek dancers in full costumes. Once they were done, the band played some Greek music and folks jumped in try do a little "ethnic" dancing (much like belly dancing, but with more wrist turning). Surprisingly, my little ballerina had some stage fright and would not get out on the dance floor. After a little coaxing (and, okay, yes, a mom guilt trip), she got out there with me to try out our moves. While we weren't the best at it, we had a lot of fun and I am glad for two things: 1) I showed her that I didn't care what everyone thought of us, but just wanted to have fun and 2) That in the end, we DID have fun dancing and were able to tell everyone how fun it was instead of regretting that we didn't do it. I love having kids. I may have never danced on my own :)