Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Snapshots in My Brain

I am trying to capture ievery little thing about these moments. The feeling of them gripping my finger to "hold hands", the sound of their giggles and belly laughs, the smell of their hair, the feel of their butterfly kisses, the way their noses wrinkle when they smile, all of those little everyday things that make them so extraordinary. I know it is all so fleeting (everyone tells me this, especially random strangers on the street).
After an evening church service recently, I was carrying my sleepy daughter after passing off her already asleep brother to his daddy. An older gentleman came up and set his hand on my shoulder. The man told me that he remembered holding his daughter the same way, sighed and confessed that she is now a grandmother herself. It brought tears to his and my eyes at the time (and even now thinking how lucky I am to get to experience these beautiful children). I am so very truly blessed.