Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Skitter
I would like to preface this blog by stating that it was not my idea. In fact, in my eyes, hamsters are mice without tails - EW. But my daughter loves her new hamster, "Skitter". As it turns out, she picked a roborovski hamster. Little did I know at the time, but they are the smallest and fastest of all hamsters. So now it has somehow become my job to retrieve little Skitter from his cage since no one else can catch him. My daughter has been holding him every day and he is slowly becoming more comfortable in her hands and will sit still for short periods of time before jetting off in one direction or another, at which point it is my darling hubby's job to retrieve Skitter for her. At least it has given them another bonding activity and for that I am grateful. Bonding - yes, hamster food in the carpet - not so much.
