I have lived in Southern California (and Bend, Oregon - shout out!) for 15 years now. FIFTEEN. If you count college, it's nineteen. That's a long, long time. So it was surprising to many that I had never camped at any of the San Diego beach campgrounds. It becomes more understandable when you realize that in order to stay at these campgrounds, you must call at 8 AM, when the campground opens, seven months before you wish to camp. SO, calculating backwards, since we stayed in June, that means we reserved our campsite back in the wee hours of the morning, the first of December 2012. It sold out in under 5 minutes. We got an awesome site where we were literally on the cliff, overlooking the waves.
So we rappelled down off of our mountain last June and spent the weekend with two of our favorite families. There were eleven of us total so I'll let you figure out how we all fit in one vehicle on the way to and from town. There was so much fun had, with riding bikes, digging in the sand, playing wiffle ball, and relaxing that I forgot to take many pictures. But here is a shot of the mommies, getting a little break together, while the daddies took the munchkins fishing off the pier.
