Monday, September 9, 2013

My First Tournament




Now don't go getting any crazy ideas. Yes, I was in a karate tournament. Yes, I got first place in kata and sparring. But #1: I am in the beginners' division. It's not like I'm fighting black belts - and #2: I attribute it entirely to my amazing toenail job. It's yellow (to match my belt) with the symbol for courage painted on in black. I'll take any advantage I can get. I figure that my opponents' thought process went something like this:

"This chick doesn't stand a chance against me. I am amazing. I am going to rock her world....hey wait, are those YELLOW toenails? and what is that painted on them?....Oh no, this chick means business!"

I have to admit though, I really DO like sparring. Getting whacked in the eye was not the funnest thing ever, but there aren't many people I wouldn't want to stand against in the ring. B.R.I.N.G. I.T. (haha!)