We spent all day Saturday (and by that I mean the 23 hours after 8 hours of driving and 3 hours of recovery) in Thousand Oaks for the Cal Lutheran University football game and homecoming activities. It was nice to be back from Oregon and soaking in some sunshine. My precious 2-year-old loved the bounce house for alumni & family after the game and my 1-year-old was enamored by the bunnies, pigs, goats, and ducks in the petting zoo area. Of course, my hunny didn't mind the free beer and buffet either.
We had a great time visiting with our "old" friends (you know who you are) and catching up on all of our classmates' news for the last 10 years (has it really been that long?). To cap off the night, my sister and I went with hubby and some friends to the local cowboy bar for some line dancing and a little 2-step action. After getting back at 2 am and then getting up and driving to the airport at 6 am though, I am relieved to be home and trying to recover from the last few days' lack of sleep.