Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Wild Blue Yonder

I love me some soldiers.  I love that they risk their lives to protect a way of life that most people take for granted (including me sometimes).  I love that my dad was in the Navy and that I have family now serving and that my son wants to be a soldier when he grows up.  It is no wonder then that when I get a chance to attend a military air show that I attempt to make time if possible.  This year we got to go to the March Air Reserve base's airshow with some friends and it was awesome.  We showed up just in time to see the Patriot jets fly in formation all over the skyscape above us and also got to see a plane that can hover in mid-air, a water drop demonstration, lots of trick fliers and the culmination was an impressive show by the Thunderbirds.  It was sunny and warm and we a perfect day spent with family, exposing our kids to the lives that protect us on a daily basis.